Sunday, July 3, 2011

Op Shopping



Well the Vanilla cookies turned out lovely and didnt last long. Photo above on an Op shopped plate. Next I made lemon shortbread bikkies and they went quickly too.


I have a brand new hobby - Op Shopping for old china and books. Every Thursday on my day off I head out on a search and most days I come home with an old little plate, and old dinner plate or if Im lucky an old cereal sized bowl. Sometimes I find a book Ive been searching for and sometimes some wool to knit. Im starting to get to know what is a good price and what is a rip off. My sister is now living in Croydon and there are 2 shops near her that are quite good, 1 Vinnies and 1 Salvos. I tried quite a few in Ashburton recently when I was at the Doctors over there, but no luck at all. Near me I have a Vinnies, a Salvo's and a couple of independents. I love the trill of the chase. Here is 1 recent purchase. More to photos to come.


No comments: